American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking an Accounts Payable Manager at our Corporate Office. The role of the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for leading the Accounts Payable Department through daily operations to ensure superior service commitment in the processing of vendor invoices through vendor payment. Analyze key business metrics monthly, Provides strategy and problem resolution to drive results while maintaining company values. Sets standards and participates in the training and development of all department personnel to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Requires 5 years previous accounts payable management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, develop and motivate others resulting in a solid team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical and process management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to understand and react to diverse needs.
- Excellent technical skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office.
- Maintains an environment that is customer focused with a standard of excellence as it relates to timeliness, integrity and overall work as it pertains to processing invoices and paying vendors.
- Identifies inefficiencies in the department and recommends improvements including development, testing and implementation of process changes, system updates or other software needs.
- Establishes and maintains training matrix to ensure proper succession planning for all accounts payable roles and tasks.
- Publishes key metrics reports to drive performance and educate corporate, region and branch personnel of key accounts payable business drivers.
- Informs department of procedural changes and assists in problem resolution.
- Reviews end of month balances comparing to general ledger for accuracy, oversees yearly 1099 procedures and monitors vendor reconciliation process.
- Researches risk associated in processing vendor payments as situations are presented.
- Manage a team Accounts Payable team of 6.
- Provides alternatives and recommendations to Corporate Controller for resolution.
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.