Comforcare Senior Services
4374 Murray Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
POSITION: Administrative Assistant SUPERVISED BY: Office Manager
1. Compliance with ComForcare bonding criteria
2. Eighteen years of age or older, with U.S. citizenship and/or equivalent employment eligibility authorization
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with clients, co-workers and all supervisors
4. High school diploma. Associate or Bachelor's degree.
5. At least 3 years experience in administrative capacities, with experience relevant to organization, customer
service, and computer operation. Extensive experience in the home care field considered in lieu of other
6. Ability to perform multiple tasks under strict deadlines
1. Provides information by answering questions and requests
2.Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
2. Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
4. Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
5. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
6. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
8. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
1. Maintain a consistent schedule for clients and COI's:
a. Support Staffing Coordinators and Office Managers
2. Answering phones with a friendly attitude, checking email and phone messages on a routine basis
4. Manage overtime - limit overtime to emergency situations, keeping caregivers to a 40-hour work week
5. E-mail relevant information to on-call personnel each night, updating on-call personnel of any new information
6. Open Schedule in HealthManager each week
7. Manage HealthManager
a. Maintain schedule
b. Enter notes in HealthManager regarding updates on clients and caregivers
c. Enter new caregiver and client information
8. Run Weekly Orientations
a. Make copies of all necessary documents and create employee badge
b. Show appropriate videos
c. Review employee handbook
d. Answer all questions, ensuring caregivers understand policies and procedures
e. Assist caregivers in filling out necessary paperwork
f. Run appropriate background checks
9. Perform QA calls to Clients, Caregivers, and Family Members as follows:
a. 1 day after new case
b. 1 week after new case
c. 3 weeks after new case
d. Monthly thereafter
10. Create and maintain caregiver and client files
11. Schedule supervisory visits; utilize HealthManager to determine when visits need to occur
12. Assist designated staff with unemployment and Workers' Compensation claims
13. Assist Program Manager at off-site facilities with staffing need