Reporting Relationship: Operation’s Manager and Director of Administration
This position provides administrative and clerical support for the operation’s manager. Performs duties such as assisting with the new hire process, updating spreadsheets, managing employee documentation, obtaining supplies, and working on special projects as assigned. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of employees as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acts as a liaison with employees and management. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Assists in maintenance of documentation of the department finances. Activities include: forwarding incoming invoices to accounts payable and documenting company credit card expenses to corporate finance for both drivers and management.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; documenting meeting discussions and employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains office supplies/inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies within budget; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Answers calls, emails, and greets visitors; directs calls or visitors and gives program and department information based on types of request; selects appropriate materials to answer questions and provide assistance. Receives, screens and distributes mail, documents and other materials according to general knowledge of the operations and key personnel.
- Provides professional customer service at all times to everyone conducting business or interacting with Brown Brothers.
- Schedules appointments for interviews. Processes qualified applicants through the pre hire screening process. Maintains contact with corporate office regarding results. Notifies the candidates of hire status and schedules start/training dates as appropriate.
- Maintains 100% accountability of all personnel files during handling and processing as well as ensure the accuracy of entries made to the same personnel files and any associated database.
- Enters data into internal and external databases pertaining to recruiting actions, pre hire screening, mentoring, and employee credentials.
- Responds to and initiates inquiries (questions regarding purchasing, personnel, facilities, administration, specialized programs, etc.) Explains policies, answers questions, and independently resolves problems whenever feasible. Prepares presentation materials for use by others, editing content and adding appropriate graphic and design elements.
- Supports human resource and payroll processes as a primary contact or backup for payroll preparation or certification, leave tracking, per diem or reimbursement requests, and other requirements. May verify time worked with employees via the electronic time keeping system as needed.
- Performs other administrative duties as required to support the mission and function of operations.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 year administrative experience preferred.
- Must have formal training in office procedures and use of office equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner; able to “think on feet” when dealing with employees; “can do” approach to work.
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Efficient with strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external contacts), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded by Jamie and Jason Brown, Brown Brothers Driver Outsource Services, LLC. (BBDOS) has established itself among the premiere oil and...