WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL CENTER
Title: Adult Hospitalist
Shift: Full Time Days, Nights or Per Diem
Location: White Plains, NY
The Hospitalist shall coordinate the in-patient care of patients who are hospitalized at White Plains Hospital. Coordinating the hospital’s resources (diagnostic, therapeutic and consultative) the Hospitalist shall ensure comprehensive high-quality service delivery. The hospitalist shall focus on communication with the patient, family, private attending physician, consulting physicians, hospital staff, and colleague hospitalists. The service should promote and contribute to the mission, vision and values of White Plains Hospital Center, and should operate in a high quality and fiscally prudent manner. Particular attention to compliance with regulatory (JCAHO, CMS, DOH, etc.) and policy (pathways, protocols, etc.) standards is imperative. Reduction of average patient length of stay and maintenance of this measure is also a significant focus of the position. The Hospitalist shall also fulfill other assignments, such as response to urgent or emergent patient matters within the hospital.
1. Coordinates the care (evaluation, treatment, admission, and discharge) of patients who are admitted into the Adult Internal Medicine Hospitalist Program.
2. Thoroughly, and with adequate frequency, communicates with patient, appropriate family members, patient’s private physician, specialty consulting physicians, and hospital staff regarding the status of the admitted patient.
3. Provides education for staff and patients / family with whom the Hospitalist interacts.
4. Supervises physician extenders (NPs & PAs).
5. Institutes immediate and appropriate intervention in life or disability-threatening emergencies.
6. Responds to requests for medical assistance throughout the hospital.
7. Documents evaluation of and treatment given to all patients. Provides each patient with discharge instructions, both oral and written. Gives referring physician verbal and written report upon discharge of patient.
8. Works assigned shifts and when on-shift does not leave the Hospital Campus.
9. Attends all relevant professional meetings scheduled for the Department.
10. Participates in chart review and organized activities to reduce length of stay and improve quality outcomes.
11. Participates in institutional initiatives such as disaster planning and response, environment of care / safety, risk management, etc.
1. Medical Degree (MD or DO) with Residency in Internal or Family Medicine required.
2. Two (2) years Hospitalist experience preferred.
3. Valid and unrestricted NYS medical license and current registration with the NYS Education Department required.
4. DEA Registration, NPI, PECOS & CAQH required.
5. Valid American Heart Association BCLS, PALS and ACLS Certifications required.
6. Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice required; if not Board Certified at time of hire, must achieve and maintain Board Certification within three years from the initial date of appointment to the White Plains Medical Staff.
7. Demonstrate computer proficiency.
8. Promotes positive communication (ability to read, write and communicate in English required) and able to negotiate and influence using both direct and indirect authority.
9. Free from practice restrictions or limitations (such as restrictive covenant).
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F