The Analyst for the Lending Operations Team is responsible for providing assistance with the day-to-day functions of the Loan Servicing Department and maintain the overall quality of the loan portfolio. This includes but is not limited to, the following: communicate with borrowers, assist in performing annual renewals, collect financial information and other necessary documents, perform site visits, analyze loan portfolio performance and other loan servicing tasks as directed by the Loan Servicing Manager.
Primary Job Functions:
- Conduct annual reviews on all active loans
- Recommend risk rating changes where appropriate
- Analyze financial statements and credit reports periodically to determine trends in payment history and financial performance of borrowers
- Review loan files to ensure compliance and conformity with lending guidelines
- Identify missing documentation in loan file
- Collect current financial information and other updated documents from existing borrowers
- Conduct site visits as needed to New York area businesses
- Maintain verbal and written communication with borrowers
- Prepare workout recommendations for businesses experiencing financial problems.
Qualifications – Education and Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Understanding of basic loan concepts and legal documents.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal, time-management and communications skills required
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually.
- Must be able to follow established procedures.
- Excellent computer skills; must be proficient in Windows-based software with strong emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and meet all required deadlines
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.