One of the country's largest residential property management firms is currently looking to hire a Maintenance Supervisor for one of it's properties in Weston, FL. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for organizing, directing and managing the overall maintenance programs for the Property.
- Must have average written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to direct, motivate, train and develop subordinates.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community. (i.e. Freon recover, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools).
- Minimum of five years on-site apartment experience.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks with little or no supervision.
- High school diploma or that of the equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Required Certification: A/C Certification I & II
- Maintains proper levels of inventory and orders maintenance supplies as needed with Property Manager's approval.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of the job.
- Implements and supervises training program for the use of safety equipment in keeping with MSDS.
- Conducts or assists property manager with monthly safety meeting and completion of hazardous equipment safety checklist.
- Assists property manager with community budget and expenditures in all areas of maintenance.
- Works hands-on as required or directed by property manager to ensure market-ready, occupied and preventive maintenance is performed on a timely basis and to ensure preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- Obtains bids and interacts with contractors and is knowledgeable of competitive pricing of supplies.
- Completes required service requests within 24 hours.
- Makes appliance repairs, carpet repairs, A/C repairs and electrical repairs.
- Performs carpentry work, welding, painting and plumbing duties as required.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly shop.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventive maintenance program.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Works on-call, overtime, weekend, holiday and evening work as required.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- May be transferred or assigned to work at another property
- Acts as a team member with all associates of the management staff.
- Complies with all policies
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager