Technical position that provides sales support for the successful implementation of CTC products and services on customers’ power line systems. The position requires a scope of technical experiences and organizational skills focused on the technical requirements of power transmission and distribution lines, along with providing ACCC conductor solutions to customers’ power line application problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop tailored/optimal electrical line design solutions based on ACCC® Conductor using proprietary and standard electrical industry tools and programs.
- Lead the technical engagement with customers, principally utility end-users and design engineers in an assigned territory.
- Be a key resource to enable deployment of ACCC® technology through contributions for engineering manuals, technical whitepapers, and technical marketing publications by effectively training the industry and disseminating best ways of leveraging ACCC® technologies.
- Support and adhere to CTC Cable Safety policies.
- Provide periodic reports to management summarizing progress to plan for each engagement.
- Support electric utility customers by assisting in the selection, optimization, and analysis of high voltage power lines.
- Contribute to sales effectiveness by identifying issues, providing information, and recommending options.
- Demonstrated ability to assess project requirements for new line installations or reconductor upgrades.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Become an in-house “expert” in understanding customers’ conductor specifications and power line system requirements.
- Provide high quality engineering and technical support for Sales, Manufacturing, and Distribution; work with end users to understand requirements, resolve problems, optimize capabilities, and provide a quantifiable ROI for each recommendation.
- Demonstrate accountability for activities related to development, integration, implementation, maintenance, and enhancements of supported business applications in compliance with established corporate policies, procedures, and methods.
- Quickly and accurately analyze existing or proposed high voltage power lines and optimize solution to customer’s problems including analysis of electrical, mechanical, energy efficiency, and financial data. . Acquire data as necessary by working with engineering, sales, and utility staff.
- Communicate findings with customer base through conversation, written reports, and oral presentations. Work with Business Development teams to help develop sales and support strategies; develop support programs to provide services that cover clients’ needs after system installation and commissioning.
- Engage and create relationships with customers’ engineering and analysis personnel, and report back to Sales personnel on conditions, issues and opportunities within the customer’s organization.
- Travel to customers as necessary to present application solutions.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in electrical engineering. Mechanical and Civil engineering degrees will be considered
- Minimum of five years' experience working for an electrical utility company on transmission and/or distribution projects coupled with experience in a technical support position and working with project life-cycle methodologies.
- Multi-lingual applicants with English and one or more of Mandarin/Chinese, Spanish, or Portuguese are preferred.
- Excellent technical analytical skills are essential. Self-motivated individual who initiates self-learning.
- Proven ability to multi-task, works independently, and interacts well with others. Demonstrated problem analysis and decision making skills. Demonstrated attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency to include project management applications and MS Office Suite.
- Familiar with PLS-CADD, T-Line Pro and SAG 10 or equivalent design tools and all applicable conductor standards.
- A solid understanding of high voltage electrical power systems is required.
- Experience in transmission and / or distribution line design is preferred.
- Demonstrated vendor management and customer interaction skills; must be able to respond rapidly to technical inquiries.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to work cohesively with, and influence, many diverse internal/external customer groups to include project personnel from linemen to the CEO.