Founded in 1903, Gordon Brothers Group (www.gordonbrothers.com) is a global advisory, restructuring and investment firm specializing in the retail, consumer products, industrial and real estate sectors. Gordon Brothers Group maximizes value for both healthy and distressed companies by purchasing or selling all categories of assets, appraising assets, providing debt financing, making private equity investments and operating businesses for extended periods.
We are currently looking to fill a role in the Appraisal and Valuation Division. As the Appraiser, this person will conduct M&E appraisals under the supervision of an ASA that are consistent with defined values and industry trends; provide support to the senior ASAs; and provide the marketing department with assistance as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Perform M&E appraisals accurately and efficiently within specified timelines.
- Assist senior ASAs in conducting market research and conduct thorough research when performing appraisals.
- Track current values and trends by attending or monitoring auction sales and establish rapport with machinery dealers, auctioneers, other appraisers and liquidators.
- Ensure the production of the highest quality product, while exceeding client expectations with respect to professionalism and expediency.
- Contribute to the Industry Trends and Industry Insight reporting.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key banking, professional and company representatives.
- Maximize cross-selling opportunities across various Gordon Brothers Group companies.
- Pursue senior M&E designation in the American Society of Appraisers.
- Uphold Gordon Brothers Group Core Values and contribute to the achievement of strategic plan objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree with two to five years of experience in valuations and related expertise in manufacturing processes and/or understanding of fixed assets.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications in a PC Windows based environment.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Gordon Brothers Group offers a very competitive total compensation package including base salary and incentive plan, health insurance, dental benefits, a generous 401k match, time off benefits, and more.
If you are interested in the position and meet the minimum requirements, please send a resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements, and reference the requisition number 12011 in the subject line.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part the application process. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Gordon Brothers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.