Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world
This position reports to the National Billing Manager and is responsible for creating invoices, responding to invoice queries, managing billing corrections and completing billing related special projects in the Brokerage Services Division.
- Timely preparation of insurance related invoices for all BSD branches in accordance with billing policies and procedures.
- Process billing adjustments and corrections on a timely basis.
- Work directly with branches to resolve questions related to invoicing.
- Work directly with Professional Standards to develop expert knowledge of both source documentation and system data requirements related to invoice activities.
- Partner with offshore billing staff to ensure billing service level agreements are realized and billing related activities conform to standard processes and procedures.
- Participate in trainings on processes, procedures and requirements for current and new billing staff.
- Make recommendations to the National Billing Manager on opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Review invoice reports to determine further branch training needs due to high volumes of activity tasks related to quality assurance findings.
- Work directly with branch personnel on quality assurance issues with focus on improving the quality of invoice requests and reducing the need for correction activities.
- Ensure billing processes comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and corporate policies.
- Test billing related agency system enhancements or updates and report on system issues.
- Support any internal audit initiatives related to the centralized billing process.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Analyze research and resolve problems.
- Work on billing related special projects as needed.
- Contribute to a cooperative team environment in which cross functions are assumed as necessary in order to meet department deadlines and goals.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to branch queries with focus on issue resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in insurance brokerage operational or accounting roles preferred.
- Basic knowledge of insurance agency and brokerage business.
- Knowledge of brokerage billing activities, dependencies and financial concepts.
- Agency management system (EPIC) experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel required).
Competencies (Skills & Abilities)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize issues.
- Works well in environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Strong teamwork orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment.