Looking to take your game to the next level? Do you have a passion for winning & sports?
If so, then we’d like to talk with you. We are Teamwork Athletic Apparel, a leading and award winning manufacturer and distributor of athletic apparel based in San Marcos, and we’re searching for a temporary Assistant Graphic Artist to join our Best in Class customer service-oriented team!
$15.32-19.11 per hour (DOE)
This position is responsible for assisting with the production and print of our 2014 Spring/Summer Sports Catalog. The position reports directly to the Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the design process from concept to production of product catalogs
- Assists with the completion of catalog layout and pagination
- Creates clipping paths for photos and images
- Performs editing/retouching of photos and images to include resizing, color correction, etc.
- Attends press checks
- Assists with pre-production file preparation and any pre-press functions
- Prepares graphic arts for website usage
- Develops marketing communications and peripherals
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Specifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of print catalog experience required
- 3+ years of graphic arts experience required
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite 6 (includes Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
- Basic Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Ability to multi-task and perform a variety of tasks
- Possess high attention to detail
- Works well independently under general supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work irregular hours and overtime as needed
Physical & Environmental Demands
- Occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time (up to 8 hours)
- Occasionally bending and rotating of head and neck
- Frequent use of a computer keyboard/mouse/monitor to enter data (repetitively)
- Ability to distinguish color (not colorblind)
- Ability to climb stairs to a multi-level work site
- Ability to endure frequent movement bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, crouching and reaching above shoulder level as needed for daily tasks
- Frequent handling, grasping, writing and find hand manipulation as needed for daily tasks
We are anticipating a high volume of applicants, and in order to be one of the first considered, please send us a resume and cover letter to include the following information:
1. Recent salary history and base salary
2. Why you are interested in this role?
3. Why you feel you are the most qualified candidate for this role?
Due to the high volume of resumes we anticipate for this opening, we apologize that we will not be able to respond to all candidates who apply for this position. We will contact only those most qualified. Thank you!
At this time we are only considering local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship.
Please visit our website at www.teamworkathletic.com
Teamwork Athletic Apparel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No agencies or phone calls please.