American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking an Assistant Manager in our Aventura medical office. Our Assistant Manager is responsible for providing customers with exceptional service and driving sales to meet company goals and objectives.
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with external and internal customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
2. Hires, trains, motivates and supervises staff to ensure proper staffing levels and that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to perform job responsibilities.
3. Assists with overseeing retail to ensure that customer needs are met and that the outlet is operating on a profitable basis.
4. Maintains the inventory at acceptable levels based upon historical seasonal sales records.
5. Follows established procedures regarding merchandising.
6. Develops and creates merchandise displays that will lead to improved sales.
- College degree preferred
- Prior experience managing
- Optical experience preferred
- Knowledge of purchasing and operations
- Knowledge of inventory, receiving and all associated systems and equipment
- Ability to review and interpret financial budgets and sales reports
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all times with customers, as well as all levels of employees. Bilingual is preferred!
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, and push/pull up to 20 pounds in order to create merchandise displays, maintain inventory levels, and perform other job duties.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to include
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.