Milestone Management is one of the country's largest residential property management firms, providing management services throughout the United States. The firm utilizes its in-house expertise to perform leasing, marketing, accounting, legal and financial analysis services. The company also focuses on asset value enhancement through capital improvements and strategic repositioning programs.
Milestone Management is the residential management arm of Milestone Apartments REIT, a publically traded open-ended trust on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Headquartered in Dallas, Milestone Management maintains regional offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Jacksonville, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix and Tampa.
The position will be available mid April 2013.
The Assistant Property Manager/Yardi Voyager is responsible for performing community accounting functions and assisting in the administration, leasing and supervision of personnel.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Mathematical skills (high school level) in order to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, etc.
- Possesses above-average telephone and communication skills.
- Competent ability with personal computer- Microsoft Office, Internet
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Apartment management experience preferred.
- Must pass YARDI training course with a grade of 80% or higher.
- Must pass a pre-employment aptitude test.
- Bilingual Preferred.
- Collects and secures rental payments.
- Makes daily bank deposits and verifies the accuracy of those deposits.
- Inputs daily activity transactions.
- Prepares accounting records and reports, including Deposit Accounting and monthly close out.
- Delivers late rent letters, “Notices to Vacate”, and personally contacts all residents who have unpaid/owed rent daily.
- Assists in eviction process.
- Enters activity into YARDI in relation to the Daily, Weekly & monthly checklists. Enters Skip Watch information- if applicable.
- Adheres to company key policy.
- Assists with leasing duties to include showing apartments and preparing leases.
- Maintains organized community office files.
- Maintains working knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management.
- Prepares accurate and complete reports in a timely manner.
- Handles or assists in the receiving, recording, preparation and follow-up of work orders to facilitate residents’ service requests.
- Assists in the inspections of vacant apartments and takes appropriate action to prepare them for market-ready status.
- Promotes resident retention by assisting with the renewal program.
- Performs periodic inspection of common areas.
- Reports any observed maintenance problem.
- Must assist and attend resident functions.
- Must stay informed and comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Must adhere to and comply with company safety policies and rules and utilize safety equipment, as required.
- Assumes duties of Community Director, as directed.
- Must always be courteous and helpful to residents, prospective residents and co-workers.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to make bank deposits, attend meetings, purchase and pick up supplies.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be available for overtime, weekend, holiday, and evening work.
- Must be willing to be assigned to other Milestone communities, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Community Director.
- Travel and overnight stays are required.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Milestone Management is one of the largest privately owned residential property management and investment companies in the U.S. Our...