Assist store manager in coordinating all store activities. May accept responsibility for the stores operation in the absence of the store manager. An entry level management position designed to exercise basic management skills.
There are 13 Thrift Stores in Metro Detroit Area. This posting could be for any of the 13 stores. Visit www.svdpdet.org for more information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains, supervises and develops store personnel as delegated by store manager
- Monitors inventory level of resale merchandise
- Balance store financial records and drop bank deposits in the absence of the store manager
- May be required to work in other store locations
- Ensures adequate store sales
- Delegates store responsibilities to the support staff
- Implements new store programs and recommends improvements to promote greater efficiency and lower operating costs
- Services referral clients with the selection of merchandise
- Develops weekly work schedule for all employees
- Addresses customer concerns/complaints effectively and timely
- Promote sales activity while controlling expenses
- Creatively exhibit merchandise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Some cashier/retail experience required
- Some leadership ability required
- Sales ability
- Teamwork oriented to accomplish goals and objectives
- Some knowledge of creative merchandising
- Ability to interact effectively and pleasantly with public and client contacts
- Qualify on basic skills and math test
- Qualify on required pre-employment physical including drug screen
- Perform any additional duties or tasks as requested.
- Resale/retail store environment
- Daily interaction with the public
- Evening and Weekend Work
- Some lifting required
- Ability to travel within the Metro Detroit area, must have reliable transportation.