Timberland Partners is a premier real estate investment and management company that specializes in the acquisition, financing and management of multifamily and commercial business properties throughout the Mid-West United States. Timberland Partners currently owns approximately 8,000 apartment homes and over 500,000 square feet of commercial space.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an entry level Associate Accountant for our Corporate Office located in Bloomington, MN.
Some of the Benefits of being a team member at Timberland Partners are:
- Stability – Since 1992 Timberland Partners has developed a reputation for the successful identification, acquisition and management of properties that continue to provide a solid financial foundation. We are committed to hard work, dedication, and teamwork to successfully execute our business strategy.
- Career Growth – We invest in our team members! One of our core values is to provide each team member the opportunity to excel. That means you have access to on-going training, career development programs, and an environment designed to help you grow professionally.
- Compensation – As a member of the Timberland Partners team you can count on a competitive compensation package. Along with an excellent salary and rent discounts, we offer a benefits package to full time team members including: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and Paid Time Off.
The Associate Accountant is an entry level accounting position. The Associate Accountant position is designed to expose an aspiring accounting professional to a variety of accounting responsibilities, which will be invaluable to job advancement possibilities. These responsibilities include; provide daily Property Accounting to an assigned portfolio of properties, supporting
Accounts Payable as needed, support the administration of our Vendor Relations Program, provide general support to the entire Accounting Team and any other miscellaneous projects as they arise.
Responsibilities of the Associate Accountant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Responsible for month-end closing procedures
- Responsible for monthly accruals
- Responsible for processing general ledger entries and reconciliations
- Perform bank reconciliations for operating accounts
- Oversee rent receivable transactions
- Review accounting and associated system reports for completeness and accuracy
- Manage rent charges, rent payments, and rent adjustments
- Assist with preparation of annual property budgets
- Support site employees on a daily basis
- Prepare draw replacement reserve requests
- Data entry support for new acquisitions
- Fill-in support for other Accounting Team members
- Support A/P Administrator with duties on an as needed basis:
- Audit payable batches and invoices
- Match vendor checks and invoices
- Prepare checks for mailing
- Manage A/P files and filing
- Help prepare lien waivers for capital invoices
- Assist with preparing annual 1099’s and 1096’s
- Manage vendor insurance certificates
- Timberland Partners Vendor Relations Program
- Provide support to our internal vendor program as follows:
- Review new vendor paperwork
- Monitor and maintain vendor certificate documents
- Send annual certificate renewal notices to vendors
- Track vendor program payments
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Two-year accounting degree is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with emphasis on accounting or finance
- 1 - 2 years of related work experience is a plus
- Proficient computer skills, including operating a Windows-based environment, spreadsheets, word processing, and advanced skills in Excel
- Yardi property management software experience helpful
- Understand and apply accounting principles and practices with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a high level of problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task while setting priorities, work independently and in a team setting
- Highly motivated, self directed individual, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Appropriately maintain financial and confidential information
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Work Place. No relocation available. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background and drug check.
Please copy and paste the link below into your browser to apply to this opportunity: