MedNet Solutions is a leading eClinical technology solutions company supporting the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. Providing innovative, yet proven web-based electronic data capture and clinical study management solutions, MedNet helps companies deploy efficient and successful clinical studies, registries and investigator initiated trials.
MedNet currently seeks an individual to help develop websites and Internet applications using web development technologies. May perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end, back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services. May involve coding and integration of text, graphics, sound, and/or video.
Key accountabilities may include the following:
- Participate in Web design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain websites or Internet applications involving a wide variety of programming and languages.
- Build or configure windows, screens, reporting solutions.
- Create or integrate graphics, logos, text, video, or audio content for a website.
- Modify, repair, or expand existing programs to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, or improve performance.
- Perform testing and analysis on Web and systems to identify problems.
- Contribute to training manuals or instructions for end users.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented Web applications and systems.
- Research and remain informed of new technology and development tools.
- If creating Web product applications for market sale (rather than proprietary applications for internal use), may not be involved in all phases of Web lifecycle (i.e., design, testing, implementation).
Position Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience and 0-2 years programming experience designing and developing dynamic database driven web applications, with knowledge of the software design life cycle (SDLC), good design principles, and a thorough understanding of software testing.
Databases: Beneficial: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL - Ideal: PostgreSQL or Oracle
Frameworks: Desirable: MVC Frameworks (I.e. Zend, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP)
Platforms: Preferred: Linux, Apache
Applications: Beneficial: pgAdmin,Toad, SQL Developer
Miscellaneous: Source Code Control with Git, SVN; Code documentation (I.e. PHPDoc, Javadoc); Unit Testing tools (I.e. PHPUnit); User Requirement and Function Specification documentation; Relational Database Design; Knowledge of W3 standards