Reviews, evaluates and manages complex Accident, Health and Limited Benefit programs and cases, assesses risk, and sets underwriting parameters for MGUs/Program Managers including rates and coverage levels.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and evaluates complex Accident and Health new business programs and case submissions to determine risk acceptability and coverage levels.
- Works with Distribution Department and MGUs/brokers to obtain additional required information.
- Works with Operations Department and Distribution Department to on-board new MGUs/Programs.
- Develops and maintains producer relationships.
- Sets appropriate premium rates and issues proposals for cases and letters of intent for new programs.
- Achieve targeted loss ratios by maintaining underwriting discipline through the underwriting selection process.
- Participate in Peer Review meetings.
- Manages assigned renewals.
- May act as liaison between underwriting and other functional departments
- Handles special projects and assignments at the request of manager.
- Ensure files are maintained per Underwriting Department procedures including but not limited to proper documentation, structure and authorizations.
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Requires at least five (5) years Accident and Health Underwriting experience
- Requires at least three (3) years of experience working with MGAs/MGUs or Program Managers.
- Other products knowledge helpful but not required: Critical Illness, Disability, Life, Medical and Vision products.
Other Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong financial analysis background
- Demonstrated communication skills to interact well with brokers and agents
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal communication skis.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Displays initiative and ability to work independently
- Travel required
Indeed - 18 months ago