Back-End Software Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
About the Climate Corporation
The Climate Corporation is a pioneering startup using large-scale weather data and cloud services to help people and businesses adapt to the problem of climate change. It is the only online service that allows consumers and businesses to protect revenue and control costs from the impact of bad weather, with no unnecessary paperwork, no claims process, no proof-of-loss and no waiting for payment. The Climate Corporation is backed by Nephila Capital, one of the largest weather funds; the company recently also had a $42 million Series B lead by Index, Khosla and Google Ventures.
We are growing rapidly and have multiple opportunities available for highly skilled Software Engineers. Candidates will use their strong engineering/analytical skills and personal drive to help us forge the way in this new, fun and fast-growing industry -- a potential multi-billion dollar market.
See our video "What's it like to work at The Climate Corporation?" at http://vimeo.com/theclimatecorporation/theclimatecorporationcareers
- Design, build, and test new Climate Corporation products and services in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Develop and expand infrastructure to process high volume financial transactions and run fault-tolerant compute-intensive math applications
- Tackle a wide variety of engineering problems as needed
- Brainstorm with the team and prototype new concepts and ideas rapidly
- Degree in CS or related technical field, or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of at least one compiled language (preferably Java)
- Exceptionally strong, analytical thinker who takes delight in choosing the right algorithms and data structure
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management and front-end engineers
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Team player who feels at home in an open and flat-structured environment, and takes pride in a job well done
- Effective all-round engineer who writes well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- MS + minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Experience with Clojure or any other functional programming languageGit version control
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, SDB)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, etc.)
- Familiarity with financial concepts
- A smart and talented team that believes in learning from each other, working hard and playing hard
- An opportunity to try new technologies and programming languages - we’re a ployglot engineering team that highly values experimentation
- An energetic, idea-driven and transparent work environment
- An exciting world-changing opportunity - as Mark Twain said “A great deal has been said about the weather, but very little has been done about it.” We are changing that.
- Award-winning South of Market office across the street from South Park
- Competitive salary, stock options and great benefits
Darren Lawson | 925-922-3355
Indeed - 9 months ago
Aptitude Staffing Solutions represents top-talent nationwide within the IT/Technical & Engineering capacities while providing...