Life Flight Network (LFN) was founded in 1978 and is one the country’s first air medical transport services. We are not-for-profit, focused on safety and quality and have transported over 90,000 patients throughout our 17 service areas in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. We are owned and operated by a consortium of Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services-Oregon, and are proud to provide a joined strength of world-class health institutions, unique combination of air and ground ambulances, and highly skilled employees to communities in need.
We are passionate about investing in each one of our employee's success, creating an environment that inspires individuals to reach their highest potential. A few prominent awards we have received include the 2009 Air Medical Program of the Year, 2012’s #1 Large Non Profit Companies to work for and #2 in 2013, Oregon Business Magazine.
The Base Manager is accountable for 24/7 oversight of an assigned base, serving as a leader and providing guidance regarding safety, customer service, team cohesiveness, performance management, and financial accountability for clinicians, pilots, mechanics and administrative employees. The Base Manager is responsible for facilitating communication amongst staff, management and customers and ensuring employees adhere to LFN policies and procedures. This position reports to the Regional Director and performs duties applicable to job specialty, including Flight Nurse, Flight Paramedic, Ground Paramedic, Pilot, or Mechanic.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, aviation management, business administration or a related field preferred. Will substitute years of experience for years of education
- 2-3 years managerial experience in EMS or related field preferred
- Meets minimum qualifications of applicable job specialty
- Proficient in MS Office
- Demonstrated passion, commitment, and ability to safely promote LFN’s mission and values
- A focus and ability to achieve customer service excellence, ultimately leading to increased transport volume
- Strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead by example and pro-actively seek solutions
- Available to work on short notice in the event of staffing/scheduling issues, including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal communication with peers, patients, families, customers, and the community
- Experience in operations, including staffing, scheduling, and performance management
- Knowledge of marketing and outreach in an air medical or EMS environment preferred
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, an automobile in good repair, be able to provide proof of auto insurance, and travel by personal or company vehicle throughout LFN’s service area
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
LFN offers competitive compensation, growth opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Time, and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
LFN is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, childbirth and related medical conditions or occurrences, age and physical or mental disability.
Please apply online at www.lifeflight.org