Job Description Summary:
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll every two weeks, financial record keeping and transactions including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. The desired individual will have advanced experience with Quickbooks, experience working in a nonprofit setting, an outgoing and friendly personality, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail and ability to work well with the organization’s staff and directors.
Hours: 20 per week (four hours, Monday through Friday)
- Advanced proficiency with Quickbooks.
- Nonprofit experience a plus with knowledge of GAAP as they apply to nonprofits.
- Associates degree or equivalent; three to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse population.
- Good judgment and the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Prescott Meals On Wheels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll at the close of pay periods, prepare and process paychecks.
- Process state and federal payroll deposits and reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare and process all accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Prepare, process and accurately record all accounts receivable in a timely manner including private pay clients as well as grant draw downs.
- Accurately record all deposits
- Reconcile bank accounts and provide reports to the Prescott Meals On Wheels Board Treasurer and the Executive Director.
- Proactively maintain highly organized filing system; file invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, donations, grant funds, and other financial records.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as necessary.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Paid vacation accrual based on the number of hours worked.
- Paid holidays accrual based on the number of hours worked.
- Paid sick time accrual based on the number of hours worked.
- Lunch on days worked.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Bert Elizabeth Ijams, Executive Director via email on or before 5:00 pm, Monday, December 9, 2013. PLEASE PUT “BOOKEEPER” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL. You may also fax it to 928-445-1725 or mail it to Prescott Meals On Wheels, 1280 E. Rosser Street, Prescott, AZ 86301.
About Prescott Meals On Wheels:
Established in 1973, the mission of Prescott Meals On Wheels is to provide one hot nourishing meal per day, including weekends, to the elderly and disabled to enable them to maintain independent living with safety and dignity.
For more information please visit our website www.PrescottMealsOnWheels.com.