Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
Hagemeyer is currently seeking an Operations Manager to manage warehouse, administrative, and inside sales activities with supervision responsibilities for all associates physically located at the site. This individual will also be responsible for three offsite locations. This individual will be instrumental in the success of the branch as well as our California market.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for branch operations performance, with emphasis on customer service, operating expense and working capital
- Responsible for branch warehouse and inventory management
- Provide overall leadership to drive flawless execution, culture, and company values
- Attract, hire, develop and train all assigned branch positions
- 5+ years of Operations Management experience is required
- Must have experience interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Experience managing and leading inside sales and customer service teams
- Warehousing and Inventory Management experience is required
- Required to have experience managing multimillion dollar operations with P&L responsibilities
- Must have excellent communication skills and interest in dealing with customers
- Strong leadership skills are necessary with ability to motivate team members
- Industrial and/or Electrical Distribution experience highly desirable
- Experience supervising remote associates is a plus
- Sales experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V