Tully Rinckey PLLC, a successful full-service law firm with offices throughout New York State and metropolitan Washington, DC, is seeking a Business Development Associate to join our team. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm has also been recognized by the Albany, NY and Washington, DC Business Journals in their respective Best Places to Work showcases.
The Business Development Associate will direct and participate in marketing planning and will be responsible for the execution of aggressive marketing and business development programs. This position assists in the client base expansion efforts of the firm by coordinating practice advancement activities including strategic positioning, business development and communications.
This position will implement large-scale business development efforts to include procurement of institutional (B2B) clients that will result in profitable, long-term relationships for the firm. Day to day activities entail working in an extremely fast-paced environment, strategically marketing complex areas of law. The ideal candidate will be responsible for generating new business revenue due to their efforts and work in a goal-oriented environment. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent project management and writing skills, and the ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and clients.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Working closely with attorneys to develop marketing / business development plans.
2. Assisting and generating business development programs and strategies with attorneys.
3. Intelligence gathering on existing/perspective clients, teaming partners and competitors.
4. Assisting with formal proposal or presentation writing and research.
5. Identifying, planning, coordinating, and managing legal seminars, webinars and events that will garner new business.
6. Assisting with planning and procurement of speaking engagements.
7. Coordinating and developing specialized electronic communications.
8. Developing client acquisition/retention strategy and tactical planning.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Must be a self starter, proactive and have strong interpersonal skills.
2. Must possess a Bachelor's Degree
3. 1-2 years in a business development related area, ideally sales.
4. Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
5. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
6. Experience in Microsoft Office suite.
7. Experience in a law firm is not required.
8. Business development or sales experience, including research, strategy and procurement preferred.
Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, and voluntary life and LTD insurance.
Please visit our website to apply: