Business Research Analyst
Full Time Employee
IBISWorld is growing. Fast. And to keep up with our rapid growth, we're looking to build on our biggest strength: our people.
IBISWorld is known as the nation's most trusted independent source of market, supply chain and economic research. We publish over 2,000 US industry reports per year, making us the publisher of the world’s largest collection of economic research reports. Based in Melbourne, Australia, with offices around the world, we serve Fortune 1000 companies, banks, and financial and professional service firms.
Our head office in the United States is located in Santa Monica, CA, just a short walk from the beach, the Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade. We are a fast-growing company that rewards results and hard work. We have a casual work environment and aim to create a great corporate culture where people enjoy working hard, collaborating, learning and having fun.
We are looking for business research analysts and writers with six months’ to two years’ relevant experience to work in our Santa Monica office. This is a great opportunity to apply your research skills, analytical abilities, business knowledge, and writing and editing skills while building a career with an expanding organization. You will conduct secondary research about various products, markets and supply chains in the US, gather and analyze data, and pull together your findings and conclusions into written reports.
- Research market and product news and trends in order to write and update a variety of reports on deadline and in accordance with in-house editorial standards.
- Collect and interpret pricing and financial data related to multiple markets and companies.
- Analyze macroeconomic, demographic and supply chain information to identify and clearly communicate key business trends.
- Build basic spreadsheet models.
- Estimate and forecast market and pricing data based on research.
- Respond to copy edits and critiques of writing style, data accuracy and logic in reports.
- Give interviews to journalists about your assigned reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Requirements – Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or economics (with a writing background) or bachelor's degree in journalism (with business writing experience) preferred; related experience and degrees considered.
- Six months to two years of professional experience in a writing-focused, market research or business analysis role.
- Solid grasp of economics, financial terms and marketing concepts.
- Basic understanding of forecasting techniques.
- Experience writing business research articles or reports for a business audience.
- Experience meeting short deadlines.
- Familiarity with online research techniques, economic and financial data sources.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Requirements – Skills and Personal Traits:
- Excellent writing skills geared toward business reports; ability to be insightful, objective, interesting and succinct in report writing.
- A strong work ethic and good time management.
- Ability to think logically and derive conclusions out of qualitative research.
- Confidence to stand behind analysis and ability to explain reports to management, clients and the press.
- Flexibility to effectively deal with unexpected assignments, short deadlines and changes to workload based on management priorities or client requests.
- Ability to learn and adapt to proprietary systems and processes.
- Openness to constructive criticism and a desire to constantly improve performance.
- Strong interest in business and economic news and current events.
Please apply by submitting your resume and a short cover letter to the following link: http://bit.ly/Z2TKIs
In your cover letter, please briefly explain how your skills and experience align with the position.
All applicants must be authorized for employment in the United States and be available to work full-time in our Santa Monica office. IBISWorld does not pay relocation costs.