Plans requirements to be purchased, selects best possible source, awards purchase orders, maintains all applicable documentation, inputs purchase orders into the system, initiates purchase order change notices, follows-up on open orders, assists management on special projects, and represents Purchasing in meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans requirements to determine new order quantities and their respective delivery schedules for all production inventory items, within assigned commodity group(s).
- Develops sources for new products, items and/or materials within assigned commodity group(s); sends out requests for quotes to suppliers for competitive bids.
- Analyzes pricing, quality, delivery performance, freight costs, physical location, and other factors to ensure the best possible suppliers are being used to minimize overall costs. Negotiates pricing. If necessary, moves orders to other suppliers for cost saving measures.
- Awards purchase orders to approved suppliers based on the above analysis, completes cost variance log if applicable, and inputs purchase orders into computer.
- Initiates purchase order change notices, as required, to sustain desired inventory levels and support production requirements.
- Contacts suppliers regarding follow-up on orders, discrepancies, and various other issues, within assigned commodity group(s).
- Maintains vendor/item master and vendor master files for assigned suppliers.
- Examines acknowledgements, notes changes and contacts vendors regarding discrepancies.
- Maintains files on production purchase orders and acknowledgements, vendor correspondence, quotes, and tooling orders.
- Updates cost variance log if applicable.
- Maintains log of engineering change orders and dates revised prints were sent to supplier(s) within assigned commodity group(s).
- Investigates invoice discrepancies and works with Accounts Payable on necessary changes for assigned suppliers.
- Assists management on various special projects.
- Represents Purchasing in various meetings.
- Must be knowledgeable of, and comply with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Must demonstrate commitment to safety & continual improvement of OH&S performance, registered standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Education:
- MRP & Microsoft Office proficient
- Knowledge of production systems and processes, and paper flow systems.
- Skills in various areas of material, including shop floor control, planning, scheduling, expediting and purchasing.
- Able to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- High school diploma or equivalent; related college degree highly desirable.
- APICS training preferred
- 1-2 years work experience in purchasing, planning, production or inventory control.
- Computer; standard office equipment.
Standing and sitting.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
Wilden Pump is a designer and manufacturer of air-operated, double-diaphragm pumps and accessories. Some of the industries served include;...