Nature of Role: Reporting directly the Director of Engineering and indirectly to the IT administrator, the CAD/PDM Administrator will take daily direction from his/her Director, and support the engineering and general staff on an as needed basis. The Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, validating, and maintaining CAD and PDM/PLM software, and ensuring staff is adequately trained. The candidate will institute best practices and stay on the forefront of related technologies. The Administrator will take a hands-on role in assisting staff, occasionally taking responsibility for project related data management. Ideally, the candidate will have skills allowing for participation in design engineering related activities, including but not limited to design and development of test equipment and fixtures, support of CAD modeling, drafting, GD&T, and development testing. The candidate will likely participate in the research, selection, implementation and training of software and equipment.
Requirements: A proven team player preferably holding an engineering or technical degree coupled with technical proficiency in 3D CAD modeling, drafting (preferably SolidWorks, Creo is a plus), and PDM experience. Experience in a regulated device/equipment industry is a plus, as is experience in dedicated product development. Familiarity with Enovia v6 or Enterprise PDM is essential. Candidate shall possess an understanding of basic engineering and design principles, and network administration. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills are desirable, as is the ability to self-initiate and work independently.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities are required:
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
- Install, configure, maintain, and support mechanical CAD (SolidWorks and Creo) and PDM (Enovia V6 or Enterprise PDM) environments
- Develop and maintain related best practices
- Participate in developing training materials and lead internal classes
- Assist engineers and support staff with PDM and general engineering documentation control related issues
- Execute internal engineering software validation efforts and oversee validation efforts executed by 3rd parties
- Develop and own continuous improvements impacting CAD and PDM, such as drawing standards and workspace/data management
- Identify and lead development process integration into the CAD and PDM environments.
- 3D and 2D CAD operation, SolidWorks is essential
- Design, documentation and fabrication coordination of custom tools, fixtures, and rudimentary product elements
- Stay current on PDM, CAD, and computer aided engineering trends, and make recommendations for purchase, training, procedures, and systems
Ximedica is a leading Outsourced Medical Product Development Accelerator to the Healthcare Industry worldwide. We offer a vertically...