Requisition #: 13-004
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: CAD Manager
Location: Grand Terrace, CA
Under moderate supervision, assist with documentation control, drafting and design support of Centrifugal and Gear pumps and parts. CAD Tech will work with teams to develop 3D models and blueprints per engineering specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports R&D Engineers and Project Team(s) with development of conceptual designs, new products, and modifications of existing product. Verifies proper fit and function of interrelated parts, so as to ensure parts can be assembled and operated properly and efficiently.
- Serves as a member of R&D Project Team(s) as assigned by CAD Manager. Coordinates with vendors, Integrity department and Purchasing department to ensure drawings meet all required specifications.
- Maintains accurate file records of all experimental projects and drawings.
- Communicates with CAD Manager on project team status, deadlines, and all other pertinent information needed to ensure complete CAD support for the Project Team.
- Creates 2 and 3-dimensional illustrations used in technical manuals and as visual aids for detailed parts.
- Must be knowledgeable of, and comply with Company's policies and procedures.
- Must be familiar with ASME Y14.5M-1994, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing techniques.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by CAD Manager.
- Coaches others and demonstrates commitment to safety & continual improvement of OH&S performance, registered standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Education:
High school diploma or equivalent. Two or more years of technical school and/or college training. Three or more years related on-the-job experience. CAD Tech must be proficient in using the following Engineering Software: AutoCAD 2010 or later, Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 or later, MS Word and MS Excel. CAD Tech must also be knowledge and proper use of ASME Y 14.5 M-1994. Computer applications/programs; standard office equipment.
Certified training in AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer Wildfire, and ASME Y 14.5-1994: Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Good eye-hand coordination. Sitting and standing. Computer operations.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.