- Criminal Justice educational background required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, follow detailed procedures, and have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to work collegially and independent of intensive supervision.
- Evenings and weekends required.
- Experience in the security field helpful, but not required.
- Must possess a valid B.S.I.S (Bureau of Security Investigative Services) Guard Card. CPR and First Aid certifications required within 1 year after entering position.
- Common sense, problem solving, mediation skills, and mature attitude.
- Ability to respond to hostile situations and intervene in physical altercations.
- Ability to work with large groups of students, including students with special needs.
Responsible for providing a safe and secure college environment, fostering an optimal learning environment and acting as a deterrent to unsafe or poor behavior by patrolling the campus.
Primary/Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide a visual security presence.
- Conduct hourly rounds to ensure that our campus, students, employees and visitors have a safe and pleasant experience.
- While making hourly rounds, check the campus’ interior and parking lots to ensure that there are no security or safety concerns. If there are any concerns, school administration should be immediately notified.
- Also, check stairwells, fire exits, mechanical room, fire extinguishers, and pull boxes.
- Check-out keys and audiovisual equipment to authorized personnel, admit staff and visitors to the building, check-in and sign out deliveries, and answer the security office telephone.
- When not conducting patrol checks, security will be staffed outside near the front entrance doors.
- Be familiar with and understand the Center’s Emergency Action Plan and evacuation procedures and carry out emergency procedures as necessary.
- Control crowds as required.
- Secure the Campus front office during operating hours.
- Maintain a shift log.
- Security Officers report to the Executive Director (Campus President).
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....