Responsible for management of the day-to-day operation of the center meal site, including oversight of Meals on Wheels and Dining Room meal service, administrative tasks including all client and volunteer documentation and recording of services, management of staff and volunteers. Responsible for center meal site events, activities and programming to increase multicultural participation and socialization opportunities for seniors and growth of community involvement and center funding.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manage the safe and efficient preparation and serving of Senior Dining program providing a sanitary and café environment with appealing presentation of meals following all Meals on Wheels People Food Service Manual procedures and Health Department regulations
- Achieve client satisfaction benchmarks of the Strategic Plan
- Plan and implement multicultural meals, programming and activities that provide opportunities for socialization, generating interest and increased attendance in the meal program to achieve benchmarks of the Strategic Plan
- Coordinate the safe and efficient preparation of Meals-On-Wheels to homebound clients following all Meals on Wheels People Food Service and Operations procedures and Health Department guidelines
- Manage Center staff, volunteer, and on-call staff including hiring, supervision, training and evaluation following all Meals on Wheels People Operations Procedures and Personnel Policies and employment laws. Follow all guidelines to create and maintain a safe work environment for participants, volunteers and staff
- Maintain compliance with all governmental regulations and contracts for Older Americans Act, Medicaid, Health Department, facility use agreements and grant
- Manage the center operating budget, monitoring inventory and expenses to meet budget allocations.
- Provide administrative management to all required reports, data entry and documentation in an accurate and timely manner including weekly food service orders and feedback, staff reviews and timesheets, Provide client and volunteer data, documentation of services and hour
- Recruit, screen, train, schedule and recognize the proper number of volunteers needed to complete all tasks related to Center operations
- Recruit representatives from all segments of geographic service area to serve on Center Steering Committee, following Meals on Wheels People Center Bylaws and Operating Procedures.
- Plan and conduct highly visible community events that generate awareness of Meals on Wheels People services at the Center and the agency, achieving annual fundraising and other community development goals. Have knowledge of and participate in Meals on Wheels People annual agency wide events and fundraising initiatives
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship, communication and cooperation with the community center partner management/leadership
- Develop and maintain effective community relations with centers service area. Build working partnerships with other senior providers, civic and religious organizations, neighborhood associations, businesses and schools
- Ensure Center and Meals on Wheels People property and inventories are properly maintained and secured
- Meet or exceed all Center Manager performance metrics
- Support mission, vision, values and strategic plan of Meals on Wheels People
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Knowledge
- Associate Degree or two years work experience or education in Human Resources, Psychology, Gerontology, Management, Social Work, Community Nutrition, or other related field
- Knowledge of food service procedures and current Food Handler’s Card
- Current ServSafe certification or ability to obtain one within 18 months of hire
Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Minimum two years of experience in a management position
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking skills preferred
- Excellent computer skills including, MS Word, Outlook and Excel; ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Ability to quickly learn new process and procedures
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- Experience working with diverse client populations, including aging and low-income populations
- Proven public relations, community development and volunteer management skills
- Demonstrated successful experience with budgets and fundraising
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Willing to work extended hours to support special activities and other deadlines
- Passion for serving seniors in or community
- Transportation required at all times
- Candidate must successfully pass the Meals on Wheels People adopted pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test and criminal background check.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Fast paced, with significant people interaction. May be required to lift up to 50lbs and occasional reaching, bending and stooping. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, 10 key and phone. Must pass drug and alcohol test and criminal background check.
Apply online at: www.mealsonwheelspeople.org
Since 1970 Meals on Wheels People has provided a nutritional and social lifeline for seniors through 36 meal sites in Multnomah, Washington...