Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing supplemental education to children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. With nearly 30 successful years in the business, we guarantee positive educational results every step of the way. Our passionate instructors are certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child’s needs in mind.
Our talented employees experience daily the impact they make. We’re an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we benefit! Join us, and be inspired!
Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why.
As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibilities are:
Just Teaching. No Lesson Plans. No Preparation.
As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in small groups of 3-8 students per teacher either in our Learning Centers or in a school. You will provide personalized instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT prep and State exams to students of all levels.
If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
As a successful Instructor, you will:
Deliver Quality Education:
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the center manager
- Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of teaching or tutoring experience
- State level teaching certification (current or expired, not required for Math Instruction)
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business, watching your Learning Center grow! Our total rewards package includes:
- Hourly compensation
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Starting hourly rate of $10