Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing supplemental education to children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. With nearly 30 successful years in the business, we guarantee positive educational results every step of the way. Our passionate instructors are certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child’s needs in mind.
Our talented employees experience daily the impact they make. We’re an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we benefit! Join us, and be inspired!
Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why. As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibilities are:
- Just Teaching! No lesson plans and very minimal preparation.
As a part-time Sylvan Instructor in area schools and learning centers, you will be trained on Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 8:1 setting in a school; or a 3:1 setting in our learning centers. You will provide personalized instruction in one or more of the following subjects:
- Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT prep and state exams (TAKS and STAAR) to students of all levels.
If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
AS A SUCCESSFUL INSTRUCTOR YOU WILL…
Deliver Quality Education:
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Evaluate and document student progress
- Communicate student needs to the program director in a school or our center director
- Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum one year of teaching or tutoring experience
- State (any state in the USA) level teaching certification (current or expired, not required for Math Instruction if your degree is in a field related to Mathematics)
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
As a Sylvan team member, you will work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on schools, students, and our business! Our total rewards package includes:
- Hourly compensation
- Eligibility for benefits afforded to part-time employees
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and do not let this opportunity pass you by!
Must be dependable, upbeat, positive and have reliable transportation and be willing to work in schools. Multi-lingual is a plus.
Position is located in Temple ISD schools.
Hourly rate of $12