Alta Planning + Design and Alta Bicycle Share are seeking a Chief Financial Officer responsible for the financial health and profitability of both companies. This position will oversee all financial functions including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury activities. The CFO is an integral member of the leadership team.
o Ensures access to capital
o Maintains positive relationship with company’s financial institutions, providing company financial information when needed.
o Coordinates and oversees annual budgeting process.
o Regulates cash flow and ensures best use of cash resources.
o Constructs and integrates accounting and reporting systems.
o Adds financial oversight to Request for Proposal process.
o Certifies proper use of restricted resources.
o Produces and preserves internal control systems and procedures.
o Directs annual audit of Company financial statements.
o Arranges timely filing of all government reports and forms.
o Provides weekly reports to CEO and executive committee on company’s financial performance.
o Oversees company’s insurance needs.
- BS degree in accounting, management, or related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of financial management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative self-starter and problem solver with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Willing to be “hands-on” and work in a lean organization.
- Satisfaction of Principal group and senior leadership.
- Consistent and timely completion of projects and reports.
- Continuous improvement in organizational systems.
- Comfortable and well-equipped work environment for team members.
- Dependable and user-friendly technology systems.
- High performance of direct reports.
- Strong management skills with the ability to manage up and laterally.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and judgment.
- Calmly adapts to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Applications and ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to the vision, mission and values of sustainable transportation.
- Ability to learn, understand, simplify, and communicate complex technical and business aspects of a bike share system.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Travel required.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta’s Mission.
Alta Planning + Design and Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
For more information, please visit our websites at: www.altaplanning.com ,
Please, no phone calls