WHO ARE WE:
Homejoy is a fast growing technology company. We use our tech platform to provide our clients with on-demand, high quality home services, starting with residential cleaning, at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. In our first year we expanded to more than 30 cities throughout the US and Canada - covering over 100m households. We've delivered double-digit revenue growth every single week, and every new market's growth tracks faster than our first benchmark market.
We are backed by some of Silicon Valley's best investors -- including Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Max Levchin, Paul Buchheit and others presently undisclosed at this moment. Our team is comprised primarily of MIT, Stanford and Cornell alumni with past experiences ranging from hospitality operations managers to high frequency traders to academic scientists.
Cleaning is a multibillion dollar industry and we aren’t just disrupting it, but transforming the experience. Our clients love our distinctive, consistent and dependable cleaning services, and that starts with partnering with high-quality, highly motivated people who we empower to succeed. We do more than just clean houses; we build trust and confidence with our customers, and delight them every time we visit.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an operations manager to run our business throughout the Washington DC area.
- Become a trusted leader and partner for the Homejoy team in DC
- Hire, certify, manage and support a large group of cleaners
- Inspect the quality of our services and improve operations where needed
- Build a sense of community by hosting monthly events and utilizing social media
- Ability to lead, manage, and motivate a staff
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Energetic, positive and tireless work ethic
- Assertive and have a strong drive to develop those around you
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility and accountability
- Comfort with high visibility in the Homejoy community
- Excellent at time management and setting priorities
PERKS AND COMPENSATION:
- We’re still young. You have to the opportunity to join a successful, fast growing startup, allowing you to directly impact the future success of our company and help us redefine home services - all while learning how to run a business from the ground up.
- Do something meaningful. We’re not just another tech or cleaning company - we are putting hundreds of people to work in a down economy while making home services more efficient, dependable and affordable for everyone.
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonuses, Health Benefits (Full Medical / Dental / Vision) and many more