Natural Balance Pet Foods, a subsidiary of Big Heart Pet Brands is looking for a Professional Class B Driver to join our team.
We are a Company passionate about cats and dogs and providing quality pet food for our customers. Our purpose- We nurture the bond between pets and the people who love them-making every day special.
Position: Class B Driver
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, day shift but start times may vary from day to day. Must be available and felxible to work ocassional overtime and ocassional weekend work for special events and/or projects.
- 2+ Years as a Class B Driver
- Experience desired in operating warehouse equipment: stand-up forklift, sit-down forklift, pallet jacks, etc.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, push, pull, walk, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge and practice of safe driving
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Basic Mathematical and Problem solving skills
- General Computer skills
Transport Inbound/Outbound freight via a 26’ or less bobtail, or cargo van in support of the distribution center and operational demands; including, but not limited to the following duties:
- Transport dry freight from/to Pacoima, CA to/from local customers throughout Southern California
- Transport transfer orders from/to Pacoima Distribution Center, Ca to to/from Pierce satellite D.C, Pacoima, CA
- Ensures proper documentation is provided for freight being transported and PO’s/TO’s are expedited when necessary
- Pick up QA samples at the vendor from direction of supervisor/management of Natural Balance
- Pick up marketing items for our corporate offices in Burbank, CA
- Ensure loads are organize and secure
- Assists forklift operators in warehouse by loading own vehicles or other trucks
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s when necessary
- Checks orders for accuracy upon delivery
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers’ satisfaction
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection prior to operating company equipment such as a bobtail and cargo van
- Accounts for all merchandise that is returned by customer, assists in unloading material returned to Distribution Center
- Logs in deliveries on driver’s/supervisor’s log sheet.
- Waits on customers while truck is being loaded/unloaded
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job to supervisor/management
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in equipment operated, yard, and warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Daily communication with Supervisors at start of your shift and when assigned jobs/task prior for going home for the day.
Ensure regulatory compliance and safety standards are followed on an ongoing basis; including but not limited to the following duties:
- Conducts yard checks on a daily a basis
- Ensures DVIR/NB Inspection reports is on hand for all equipment are in the NB yard and inspect on a daily basis
- Follows safety and regulatory guidelines established by the DOT.
- Communicate to supervisor of any safety or regulatory concerns immediately
- Report any defect, accident, and/or traffic violation to your supervisor
- Communicate with supervisor/management when PM service needs to be conducted on equipment
- Must be available for special projects which include ocassional overtime and weekend work, if needed.
Ensure you keep up-to-date with knowledge and understanding of the distribution center operations, Work in conjunction with other department supervisors and/or managers in order to assist in department objectives and goals, included but not limited to the following duties:
- Assist with the warehouse operations at the direction of the shift supervisor when there is downtime for the transportation department
- Train and retain knowledge of policies and procedures within your department and company
- Maintains and coordinates work allocation to reduce overtime and optimize productivity
- Maintains a solid understanding of the task and responsibilities being carried out within your department
- Discusses improvement strategies relating to staff, department, and operational demands with supervisor/management
Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00-16.00 per hour depending on experience.
Based in Burbank, California, Dick Van Patten’s Natural Balance Pet Foods® was founded in 1989 with the philosophy of providing...