Oversee service delivery of Daniels Sharpsmart Inc. containers which are used to transport medical waste between our associated health facilities and medical waste disposal plants. Trucks carry 26,000 pounds of weight or less and are DOT regulated.
· Properly maintain vehicle; request maintenance if needed; perform daily cleaning;
· Perform safety checks before and after delivery;
· Coordinate delivery of service containers to customers;
· Be alert to obstructed or damaged containers;
· Prepare truck for operation by inspecting general condition; checking fluid levels and tire pressure; obtaining or scheduling required repairs; validating adherence to road ability standards;
· Loads truck by placing and securing items;
· Delivers items by identifying destinations; establishing route; operating the truck; unloading items; maintaining schedule.
· Servers customers by understanding and resolving or forwarding complaints; adjusting orders
· Maintains safer operation and clean appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures and standards ,as well as state and local driving rules and regulations; cleans truck exterior and interior
· Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgments; recording tracking information; completing driver log and truck performance forms
· Comply with all environmental & health and safety federal, state, local regulations and company policies
· Valid Class A or B driver's license;
· 24 months of verifiable, related behind the wheel commercial driving experience (within the last 36 months);
· Clean 10 year DMV (dated within last 30 days);
· Ability to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records;
· Ability to drive the vehicle safely;
· Ability and knowledge to safely load and properly block, brace, and secure the cargo;
· Have only one valid commercial motor vehicle operator's license;
· Pass a driver's road test or equivalent;
· Possess (or obtain) a valid DOT medical certificate.
· Occasionally working in confined spaces;
· Occasionally lifting, pushing pulling weights of sixty (100) pounds or more;
· Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights of less than fifty (50) pounds;
· Walking of two (2) or more miles per day;
· Standing for extended periods of time;
· Ability to recognize colors (red, green and amber) of traffic signals;
· Has hearing to perceive a forced whisper.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1094181