The Cleaning Manager is responsible for maintaining the standards of overall cleanliness and appearance throughout NYRA’s facilities (all three racetracks: Belmont Park, Aqueduct Racetrack & Saratoga Race Course) and for supervising the activities of the cleaning crew responsible for cleaning designated public areas and offices in NYRA racing facilities.
- Supervise cleaning crew at all three racetracks.
- Hire and train new staff.
- Oversee staff productivity, complete facility inspections to ensure cleanliness.
- Set quality standards and ensure that they are met.
- Maintain cost control systems for staffing and cleaning supplies.
- Control department budget and inventory.
- Respond, review and resolve all complaints from internal clients.
- Report situations or conditions that require maintenance repairs.
- Work with management to plan major track moves at the end of each race season.
- At least (5) years of supervisory experience in a cleaning services, housekeeping or facilities management department.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Spanish is preferred.
- Strong decision making skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-venue organization
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to learn other applications / programs as necessary. Familiarity with E-Time a plus.
Indeed - 9 months ago