COMPANY: XAP Corporation
POSITION: Client Services Manager
LOCATION: Culver City, CA
XAP Corporation, the industry leader in developing and providing students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan, and apply to colleges and universities, is seeking a Client Services Manager (CSM) to join their Culver City team. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online.
The Position: Reporting to the Manager, Institutional Accounts, the CSM will primarily provide support to our secondary and post-secondary clients by communicating with their representatives on a regular basis to implement and maintain XAP hosted solutions, resolving technical and other client issues, and acting as a liaison between clients and XAP’s technical teams.
The Responsibilities: This position is critical given XAP’s market dominance in the post-secondary sector and the ability to generate revenue from the array of products and services. This position is key to helping XAP achieve its corporate objectives. Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Handle support issues from secondary and post-secondary institutional clients.
- Track product and support issues and client communications in a CRM system.
- Train new and existing clients on XAP products and services.
- Manage client account activities.
- Collaborate with statewide account managers to ensure successful implementation of XAP solutions and services.
- Enhance the perception of XAP’s reputation in the secondary and post-secondary space by acting as a subject matter expert on not just a suite of products and services, but on industry trends and best practices as well.
- Represent client perspectives to other departments in the company.
- Engages and monitors the efforts of internal resources to address client needs, concerns or problems.
- Consults with and advises clients on best practices and optimal approaches to using XAP solutions in order to optimize adoption.
- Develop, enhance, and share best practices from both a technical perspective as well as a customer sales perspective.
- Identify potential sales and engages with Sales Team.
Education: A BA or BS is required.
Experience: The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of two to four years experience in client services or account management, ideally with an understanding of the education industry. The following experience would also be beneficial:
- Strong customer relationship building experience.
- Strong organization, prioritization, time management, and follow-through skills.
- Experience working with senior-level personnel.
- Excellent interdepartmental coordination and cooperation skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional work ethic, performs well under pressure, meets deadlines and demonstrates enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients.
- Prior hands-on working knowledge in using a Client Relationship Management system such as Salesforce.com, Zoho, SAP, or NetSuite.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- General understanding of SaaS, EDI, HTML, XML, Web 2.0 technology, database design, and database management is desirable.
- Familiarity with post-secondary student information systems (e.g., Peoplesoft, Banner, Datatel, Jenzabar) is a plus.
- Knowledge of the admissions and records processes in post-secondary educational institutions is a plus.
Qualities and Attributes: The successful candidate will have exemplary people skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to adapt to a fast-moving technology-based organization. Additionally, this professional will be a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role. The new CSM will be highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value, benefit, and revenue growth for XAP.
Job Type: This is an exempt position.
The Company: XAP is the industry leading technology company that develops and provides students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan and apply to colleges and universities. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online. XAP processes more than 4 million electronic college applications, and 1.5 million electronic transcripts annually making it the largest provider of these services in North America. XAP’s products are used by more than 900 colleges and universities and more than 8,000 middle and high schools in the United States and Canada and several other countries around the world.
To learn more about XAP Corporation, please visit our website at www.xap.com.
XAP Corporation offers 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, FSA, 401(k) with matching, paid time off with rollover, flextime, and a competitive salary. Join the leaders at XAP Corporation