Immediate Supervisor Title: Manager of Orthopedic Services
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: All office staff including Orthopedic Technicians, X-ray technician, MRI technician, administrative and support staff.
General Summary: An hourly wage position responsible for supervising the daily activities of the front and back office staff. Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for areas referenced above with minimum 1 year knowledge of medical office operations in Orthopedics. This position will be a working supervisor as needed. Assist with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Provides input to manager regarding personnel, quality and service.
- Oversees all aspects of day to day operations for front and back office staff. Ensures compliance with established regulations and standards including quality, confidentiality and medical record documentation.
- Provides direct supervision to medical support staff and collaborates with schedulers, ensuring optimal patient flow, high clinical quality, and population health management.
- Serves as the key problem-solving resource for staff on patient issues. Coaching and provide feedback to front office staff to ensure highest quality patience care and service experience.
- Compiles/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, and staff performance/productivity.
- Participates in medical practice meetings related to clinic effectiveness and emergency/disaster response systems.
- Analyzes and coordinates staffing with primary care manager to achieve optimized workflow.
- Collaborates with human resources department on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, and evaluating medical support staff.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service with patients and families in clinic and over the telephone.
- Works in staffing with front line team when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coach and provide feedback to front office staff to ensure highest quality patience care and service experience.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary to ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained.
- Responsible for scheduling staff in all areas of responsibility. Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately.
- Conducts staff meetings regularly.
- May assist in the hiring and development of the clerical and clinical staff.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Assists front office and clerical staff in developing and implementing short and long-term work plans and objectives.
- Ensures office and clinical supply inventory is current, mail is opened and processed, offices are opened and closed according to established procedures.
- Assists front office staff with ensuring point-of-service collections are made when applicable.
- Ensures that patients are treated courteously by the office staff and that other visitors are screened and properly directed.
- Works with other administrative staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality patient care is provided.
- Assists in maintaining patient files, records and other information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Knowledgeable on medical coding and billing procedures in a physician practice setting.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, clinical and administrative staff, and the public.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and supervise
Education: High School Diploma Required. Orthopedic or clinical courses with degree or certification.
Experience: Minimum one year in orthopedic supervisory-level experience, preferably in a medical practice setting (outpatient).