JOB SUMMARY Works directly with QA engineer, and QA manager to ensure all departments are in compliance with the QMS. This person is also responsible for ensuring requirements of QMS are correctly archived, and data communicated to end customers as required. Position is also responsible for ensuring all quality documentation is available, accurate, and completed prior to shipping product to the end user.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following and other duties may be assigned)
- Minimum three years of experience programming and operating CMM. Experience with using PC DMIS is a plus.
- Writes edits and runs CMM programs on complex parts.
- Responsible for Complete First Article and Lot Inspection per specific blueprints, specification and company documentation.
- Perform the inspections via accurate use of micrometers, optical comparator, calipers, gage blocks, bore gages, pin gauges, and various other hand tools.
- Effectively work with supervision, engineering, and quality to give feedback and resolve problems.
- Learns and adheres to required safety and housekeeping standards and practices.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office. (particularly Excel)
- Knowledge of gage capability and understand tool calibration.
- Perform Gage R and R’s.
- Ability to interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all level employees.
- Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Customer focused. Able to quickly and independently seek proactive solutions.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting tight deadlines and maintains calm, positive attitude.
- Prior experience using SAP. (Plus)
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but close interaction with inspectors is required.
Reports to departmental supervisor and plant manager.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
High School education or GED, and/or (4) years experience related on the job training;
Must pass a criminal background check and drug test;
Basic math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric manually or with a calculator;
6mnth – 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment;
Ability to read blue prints;
Ability to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; and reach;
- Work is preformed primarily in a manufacturing and/or warehouse setting;
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Position is hourly and employee will use a timecard daily.
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER