B & G Manufacturing Company is a world-renowned manufacturer & supplier of threaded fasteners and machined parts, serving equipment manufacturers and industrial users in the Power Generation, Mining, Transportation, Petrochemical, Nuclear, Aerospace, Marine, and Medical industries.
We are in need of a Talented CNC Machinist to Set Up State-of-the-Art, Multi-Axis, Swiss Style Lathe Machines. Work 4 Days, Monday - Thursday, 10 hour days. 2:30 PM - 1 AM. 3-Day Weekend, Generous Shift Differential.
This position is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of CNC machines and for maintaining a clean, well organized work area. Set up computer numerical control (CNC) machine to perform and produce precision metal components; perform actions such as cutting, drilling, milling, boring and broaching as specified by work order, blueprints, drawing, templates or layout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up CNC equipment by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tools, tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculates requirements, using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proves part programs.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces, while adhering to international standards. 100% acceptance of parts to be performed in accordance of print.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Documents and communicates actions, irregularities, and continuing needs to complete work activities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Manufacturing environment. Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment; Ability to position self to move, install/takeout, adjust, position, measure, and handle materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
We offer competitive wages and excellent benefit package, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with Match, and much more.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Empoyer.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- 3+ years previous CNC machine set up and operation experience.
- Experience with quality control measures.
- Ability to perform routine calculations. Ability to use analytical skills to determine the root cause of problems and find a solution,
- Uses good judgment in decisions regarding process and problem solving.
- Training in CNC machine operations.
- Training and experience using G-Code, Master CAM and/or ESPRIT software.
- Operation of CNC Machines.