TITLE: Senior Process Engineer (Coating-Finishing Engineer)
LOCATION: Gas City, IN
REPORTS TO: Finishing Manager
Manage finishing initiatives for the Gas City, IN plant with the goal of establishing a world class finishing operation. Drive process focused projects and standardize processes, drive expertise within color development for new products, advanced finishing applications and technologies, and finishing equipment capability and maintenance.
- Work with the Corporate Manufacturing Leadership Team to develop finishing vision, generating ideas for next generation processes, materials, and flows.
- Engage vendor in development of new colors and capability advancements. Lead semi-annual color reviews and manage weekly color audits.
- Engage spray equipment vendors in testing equipment to improve quality and transfer efficiency.
- Set standards and train to repair and salvage finished material ensuring compliance with quality requirements.
- Develop and own standard operating procedures related to material, equipment and processes:
o Develop internal expertise related to stain mixing with standardization across finishing.
o Partner with the Quality Department to standardize all equipment processes related to control measurement.
o Work with the plant Engineering and Maintenance Teams to improve TPM program.
- Support all plant functional areas when quality, equipment, or process issues arise.
- Support and actively participate in the AWC’s Lean initiative.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 6-8 years of process experience.
- History of successfully facilitating change in large manufacturing operations.
- Technical and hands-on knowledge of finishing processes and equipment.
- Experience in introducing new colors in support of NPI’s.
- Capacity to learn new concepts and pass the knowledge along in classroom and practical setting.
- Track record of successful project management across multiple sites.
- Microsoft Project.
- Management style must be consistent with and support 2019 Vision and company values.
- Bonus opportunity.
- Relocation assistance provided.
- Occasional weekend and off-shift work required.
- Up to 20% travel.