The Communications and Development Coordinator is responsible for marketing communications, event management, fundraising, and development support. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Develop and implement marketing communications plan, editorial calendar, and provide oversight for direct mail and e-communications.
- Manage social media & online platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, monthly e-newsletter and MEDA website.
- Expand of MEDA's presence, mission and strength within the communities it serves
Events & Fundraising
- Coordinate and manage MEDA events including but not limited to: Annual Fundraisers, National Conference, and Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
- Contribute to development activities including annual giving drives, special projects, and other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assist with strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations to create relationships of ongoing support.
- Liaison to committees assigned to assist with event planning and fundraising.
- Ability to manage projects within a specified deadline
- Attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a strict budget
- Ability to think creatively and implement innovative solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs and social media platforms
- Ability to use a content management system for website maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and editing abilities
- Takes initiative but also works well within a team structure
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Bachelors degree required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Past experience with fundraising and event planning preferred
About the Multi-service Eating Disorders Association (MEDA):
MEDA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating. Our mission is to prevent the continuing spread of eating disorders through educational awareness and early detection. MEDA serves as a support network and resource for clients, loved ones, clinicians, educators and the general public.
We offer a friendly environment and competitive salary in addition to the following benefits: Paid Time Off, Health & Dental Insurance, and Life Insurance.
Qualified individuals should submit resume, cover letter, links to existing online content and be prepared to share writing samples during interview process.
MEDA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and treatment of eating disorders and disordered eating. Our mission is to...