Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a tech-savvy, creative, social communicator with 1-3 years of digital marketing experience to become an integral member of our growing team. The communications associate will assist with the presentation and distribution of the content that fuels CLF's digital marketing strategy to increase user engagement, online activism and online fundraising. Reporting to the senior communications manager, the communications associate will keep our digital platforms running smoothly and track and report on our success.
- Develop email campaigns from set up to send; Convio or other CRM software experience required;
- Manage CRM back-end to ensure integrity of email lists and improve targeting;
- Work with advocates, development and communications staff to keep campaigns on track from concept to completion;
- Manage outside programmers and designers as needed to assist with implementation;
- Track performance of email campaigns and prepare and present reports;
- Coordinate with Raisers Edge practitioners on tracking and reporting;
- Make updates to CLF's websites and maintain site performance;
- Create and curate engaging content for CLF's digital platforms, including website copy, blog posts, photos, videos, infographics, action alerts, appeals, e-newsletters, search ads and more;
- Engage CLF's followers on social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter;
- Manage organization and ongoing development of CLF's digital photo library;
- Assist with general departmental tasks, including the creation and production of print materials, as needed.
- Hands-on experience with email marketing and content management software;
- Ability to convert images and text into a cross-platform marketing campaign;
- Ability to manipulate and analyze behavioral and demographic data to improve performance;
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Detail oriented, with an eye for identifying and fixing problems proactively;
- Ability to translate complex legal, technical and scientific information into stories for a diverse and broad audience;
- Hands-on experience with a variety of software platforms (see below) and ability to quickly pick up new skills as needed;
- Flexible and open to taking on new responsibilities as circumstances warrant;
- Ability to address the needs and interests of a racially, ethnically and otherwise diverse community, both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of CRM software systems, with Convio experience strongly preferred;
- Fluent in HTML and content management systems, with Word Press highly preferred;
- Social media savvy across multiple platforms, including analytic software;
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Adwords;
- Photoshop capable with some InDesign preferred;
- MS Office: Word, Excel and Power Point.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England's environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region's most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England's diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college preferred.
Founded in 1966, CLF is recognized nationwide for taking on complex issues, sticking with them and getting results that make New England a better place to live, visit and do business, including: cleaning up Boston Harbor, restoring New England's cod population, blocking oil and gas drilling on Georges Bank, preserving wilderness areas in Vermont and New Hampshire, reducing emissions from cars and trucks, laying the groundwork for widespread implementation of renewable energy, and winning some of the country's strongest protections for clean air and clean water. CLF is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with offices in Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Visit our website at www.clf.org.
idealist.org - 16 months ago
Founded in 1966, CLF is a member-supported organization with offices in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.