Do you have a passion for working with children and families? The Community Mental Health Worker position at OhioGuidestone may be the perfect fit for you!
OhioGuidestone is celebrating 150 years of successful service AND its 3rd consecutive year as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio! We have 35 locations and exceptional programs serving Ohio’s children and families in need. At OhioGuidestone, you can find a healthy work-life balance, excellent benefits, job security, and a place to start your career!
- Paid medical insurance – for you and your family!
- Paid life insurance
- Affordable dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance
- Plan for retirement with our 401(k) with employer match options
- Earn incentives of up to $2,000 each quarter
- Enjoy 8.5 paid holidays, paid sick time, and 2 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Find discounted gym memberships and discounted child care
- Mileage reimbursement at $0.40/mile
- Flexible work week
- Looking for professional development? Find supervision and CEU’s within the agency at no cost to you!
- Opportunities for advancement and growth – we hire within!
- Don’t forget paid training and agency assigned netbooks and cell phones!
Support and assist OhioGuidestone in continuing to open new, and close successful cases in a timely manner. The Community Mental Health Worker is responsible for coordinating and providing direct Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment (CPST) service and support to their assigned families in the community. The Community Mental Health Worker will coordinate and make referrals as needed and arrange for appropriate community resources when needed. This individual plays a very important role as an advocate for their clients and, if necessary, they will teach families how to utilize the system and ensure that children are in the proper educational setting.
Major functions of the job include maintaining ongoing contacts (phone, meetings, conferences) with all professionals involved, attending all court hearings, and completing all required paperwork and documentation. The individual selected for the position must be willing to work with diverse clientele. The ideal candidate will be passionate and excited about providing home based services to behavioral mental health clientele! Join our team today!
- Minimum educational level is an Associate’s Degree.
- A Bachelor's Degree in the social sciences/related field and an Ohio LSW or license eligible is preferred
- Requires some evenings and/or weekends and a valid driver’s license
OhioGuidestone is committed to creating a more diverse community. We encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/AA M/F/H/V