The Construction Coordinator will be responsible for providing administration support, planning and project management oversight in new store or renovation construction projects. He/she will also assist in managing the construction process so that projects are completed on time and under budget.
Reports To: VP of Construction
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a log of all documentation received from architects, general contractors and vendors (schematics, construction drawings, notices, pay applications, change orders, etc.).
- Process all invoices and general contractor payment applications for timely payment.
- Gather all documentation for the general contractor contract package, process general contractor payment applications and collect final documentation required by Smashburger and Landlord.
- Process closeout procedures to include punchlists, appropriate clearances and other paperwork, and follows up on Tenant Allowance collection and accounting reconciliation.
- Collect vendor quotes and assist with developing and maintaining budget.
- Assist with preparing and analyzing vendor GC bids, change orders, qualify new contractors and award contracts.
- Assist Construction Manager with managing and monitoring project schedules within budget guidelines and progress schedules and costs to ensure projects are completed on time and effectively. Consolidates all issues and risks affecting the project and communicates project status to all project participants.
- Communicate with general contractors, vendors and all necessary departments to ensure successful on time deliveries, payments and outstanding issues.
- Assists in resolving issues raised by vendors, general contractors and Smashburger employees during the construction and post construction period. Resolve problems with back orders, items not received and damaged equipment.
- Periodic project site visits to review project schedule, criteria compliance, quality of work, and prepare/administer punch lists to assure closure of all items.
- Assist with the permitting and approval phase of the development process and ensures all proper approvals have been received prior to possession or construction phase.
- Assist with project oversight for remodels, rollouts and refreshes.
- Other duties assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree preferred and a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in the construction environment.
- A thorough understanding and ability to read and assess architectural and construction drawings materials and processes.
- Project administration and date tracking.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Goal oriented with the ability to work with various departments and field operators.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and lead others.
- Ability to plan and carry out projects of a complex nature with minimum direction.
- Advanced knowledge of construction standards, work methods, equipment and materials, operating practices and applicable codes.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced problem solving, scheduling and negotiation skills.
- A personal commitment to a safe working environment.
- Knowledge in state and city codes, regulations, insurance issues, and permitting issues.
Indeed - 20 months ago