Taney Engineering is seeking full time seasonal position as a Construction Observer. This position will last until construction activities slow or stop in North Dakota. The end date will be dictated by the weather, the first solid freeze or large snowfall, and will most likely be in October or November of 2013.
As a Construction Observer your primary duty is to ensure contractors are following plans and mandatory government specifications during construction activities. You are to contact your supervisor in situations in which you note a contractor is not following a specification. You will most likely observe the following types of construction activities. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive. You may observe other type construction activities:
- Sewer Construction
- Water Line Construction
- Roadway Construction
- Lift Station Construction
- Curb and Gutter Construction
Taney Engineering is prepared to offer you the following compensation.
- Pay rate of $30/hour for construction observation – pay periods are biweekly every other Friday
- You will be paid time and a half for all hours over 40 in a given week.
- As a seasonal employee, we are not offering you any company benefits. You will get the day off on Taney Engineering company holidays as specified in the employee manual; however you will not be paid for those days.