Eligible candidate must be hard working, eager to learn, and able to adjust to rapidly changing project demands. We provide a fast-paced, fun working environment that promotes personal growth with challenging opportunities.
Apply electrical, electronic, systems, and software theory and related knowledge, usually under the direction of engineering staff, to design, build, repair, calibrate, and modify electrical components, circuitry, instrumentation, control systems, and machinery for subsequent evaluation and use by engineering staff in making engineering design decisions.
- Experience designing, testing, and optimizing industrial instrumentation and control systems utilizing modern and classic control methodologies.
- Electrical/Electronic design experience including automated data acquisition and control systems.
- Design, troubleshoot, and test software written in the LabVIEW programming language.
- Support all aspects of software application design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Perform software/system testing at a unit level and integration level to ensure expected behavior.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during and after construction.
- Help customers diagnose electrical, software, and mechanical problems with their fielded systems. This may sometimes involve working odd hours for customers worldwide.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
- Prepare or direct preparation of product and system layout, schematics and detail drawings.
- Schematic creation, wire run lists, and familiarity with various electronic and electrical components including mounting methods, heat sinking and location on printed circuit boards.
- Write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria.
- Coordinate and perform as necessary operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or disapproval.
- Ensure activities are conducted in accordance with Atec International Standards Organization (AS9100/ISO) policies and correct and report any deviations to appropriate area manager/supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Advanced or expert knowledge of LabVIEW programming.
- National Instruments LabVIEW Developer Certificate.
- Discipline and organization with respect to software maintenance and version management. Experience with source configuration management tools a plus.
- Ability to work both alone and with colleagues to solve problems and to weigh the merits of differing approaches.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from a four-year college or university; or one to two years’ experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience. A two year technical school degree is acceptable with combined experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
IEEE Membership is preferred.
National Instruments LabVIEW Certified Developer is preferred.
Atec specializes in the design and production of quality critical components and test systems for the aerospace and energy markets. We have...