Seattle Safety is looking for a qualified individual to fill an opening for Control Systems Engineer. Seattle Safety designs, manufactures, and installs advanced crash test sled systems that are used in automotive and aeronautical industries. The duties of the Control Systems Engineer include:
- Experience designing, testing, and optimizing industrial automation and control systems utilizing modern and classic control methodologies such as PID. Experience with neural networks.
- Strong background in mathematics, physics, and signal analysis.
- Electrical / Electronic design experience including automation.
- Design, troubleshoot, and test software written in LabVIEW 8.6 & 2012 and C.
- Help customers diagnosing electrical, software, and mechanical problems with their systems. This will sometimes involve working odd hours for customers on the other side of the planet.
- Support installations of crash test equipment at on-site locations worldwide.
- Provide round the clock technical support for team members locally and abroad in subject matters concerning performance, installation, and maintenance of software and data acquisition hardware.
- Prepare and maintain software flowcharts, layouts, and diagrams as needed to demonstrate solutions to outside staff.
- Work with current team members to restructure existing crash test software.
- Supports all aspects of software application design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Perform software testing at a unit and integration level to ensure expected behavior.
- Comment code clearly and consistently throughout the development process.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers and vendors in order to keep up with industry developments.
- Candidates must be located in the US, the northwest would be ideal.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Advanced or expert knowledge of LabVIEW.
- Advanced or expert knowledge of C.
- Expert knowledge of industrial controls.
- Familiarity with a minimum one low-level programming language (C#, VB, Ladder, etc)
- Familiarity with data acquisition concepts and hardware.
- Discipline and organization with respect to software maintenance and version management. Experience with source configuration management tools a plus (CVS, ClearCase, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with sophisticated feedback control systems.
- BSEE, BS Physics, and BSME are preferred but not required depending on experience.
- Ability to work both alone and with colleagues to solve problems and to weigh the merits of differing approaches.
Pay is commensurate with skills and qualifications of the applicant.
Seattle Safety (SESA) manufactures high capacity, large payload sled systems for dynamic crash/impact testing in automotive, aerospace, and...