EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting an ongoing commitment to the highest standards in all phases of laboratory operations. Assume service-oriented attitude to gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. Accepts the team approach with dedication and commitment towards all work performed.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Responsible for all fiscal elements for Interpath Laboratory and for all entities under Interpath Laboratory’s Corporate Umbrella
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other financial analysis software
- Effective communicator both written and oral
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Related Field
- Licensure/Certification: Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Preferred
- Experience: Minimum of two years as CMA and/or 5+ years job related experience
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Improvement in areas responsible for through the ongoing use of IQ tools
- Management of accounting staff
- Coordinate with various CPA firms associated with all entities managed/owned.
- Accounting to include monthly financials, cash flow projections, quarterly taxes, accounts payable and accounts receivable for all entities.
- Banking to include loans, cash management (interest income), real estate, banking services, line of credit for all entities
- Insurance to include medical malpractice, property, liability, automobile, workman’s comp. and for all entities
- Asset management of automobiles, technical equipment, real estate, disposable supplies (both client and technical lab), accounts receivable, and cash
- Investments associated with profit sharing and retirement accounts that are tailored to help meet corporate objectives.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Supervises the processing and payment of payables for Interpath, subsidiary corporations and all clinics (all entities) currently in GP accounting system
- Supervises the recording, tracking and posting all receivables for Interpath, subsidiary corporations and all clinics (all entities) currently in GP accounting system
- Supervises and manages the Accounting Department staff, including the following: recruiting, hiring, retention and turnover management, hours/overtime management, policy compliance, productivity management, quality control, evaluations, discipline/corrective action and training/development.
- Tracks and reports the net cash position for all entities.
- Creates and updates various cash receipts reports for all entities.
- Transfers all electronic funds, as they are processed by the Business Office staff, to the appropriate company bank account for all entities
- Supervises and finalizes all monthly bank reconciliations for each entity.
- Manages the petty cash fund process and processes any petty cash reimbursement requests.
- Reconciles the revenue reports generated by the Business Office to the integration generated by the computer department, before posting the results, for all entities
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly revenue reporting to the State of Washington for any of our entities who operate in that state
- Processes the semi monthly payroll accounting process, including sending the 401k report and funds to our third party administrators.
- Processes the monthly worker’s compensation reports for all entities and submits those reports to the appropriate agencies.
- Prepares the monthly sales commission reports via information supplied by the Marketing Manager and presents this information to Payroll for payment to the appropriate sales employee.
- Maintains the asset modules for all entities within our GP accounting system which expenses our depreciation expenses on a monthly basis
- Completes all other accounting process needed to create a monthly financial report for each entity in our GP system.
- Monitors the balance sheet accounts to verify that the processes they were created for are working correctly.
- Prepares for any financial or payroll audit which may be requested by different agencies, i.e. workman’s comp, IRS, WA B&O. etc.
- Works with outside CPA firms to complete corporate tax returns and finalize year end financials.
- Supervises year end 1099 reporting processes for all entities
- Supervises the completion of yearly personal property tax returns for all entities
- Analyze and report all “financial management reports” on a monthly basis.
- Further develop our financial reporting system (Great Plains) for more detailed, timely, efficient, and comprehensive reporting using both our financial data bases and other data bases.
WORKER’S COMP CLASSIFICATION
8810 – Administrative/Clerical
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
General Office work; prolonged sitting, occasional stooping, reaching, climbing and bending, occasional lifting up to 50 lbs, manual dexterity for typing, 10-key work, and telephone use.
Indeed - 6 months ago