Who We Are
Alta Bicycle Share designs, deploys, and manages bicycle share systems, enabling people to have all the advantages of owning a bike without all the hassles. Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Alta Bicycle Share is currently seeking a Controller to join our team in our Portland, OR office location.
The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the accounting department, budget and forecasting, cash flow and treasury management, and monthly financial reporting, including consolidations.
- Staff oversight of the Accounting Manager and Staff Accountant.
- Prepares monthly financial statements; quarterly consolidated statements and coordinates with the CPA for yearly review process and tax filings.
- Develops yearly company-wide budget and forecast analyses for future bike share launches.
- Forecasts, monitors and reports cash flow and oversees treasury function.
- Manages Alta bank accounts: establishes appropriate credit line, letters of credit, account options, etc.
- Interfaces with executive management on a daily basis to report on KPIs and operational issues.
- Research and analyze accounting discrepancies, work with accounting staff to rectify any identified issues.
- Manages collections: communicates with clients and Alta project managers to ensure speedy payments. Resolves any contract/invoice disputes and questions.
- Responds to client requests for company financial information.
- Provides analysis of spending so that management can identify areas for increased efficiency and lower costs.
- Evaluate, identify, and, as needed, negotiate all-company policies and programs for expenses such as phone, travel, etc.
- BS degree in accounting.
- At least 6-10 years relevant experience in public and industry accounting. Proven skills in financial management accounting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with electronic accounting and reporting tools.
- Creative self-starter and problem solver with tolerance for ambiguity.
- Willing to be “hands-on”.
- Strong management skills with the ability to manage up and laterally.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise, and judgment.
- Calmly adapts to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Applications and ability to learn new software.
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to the vision, mission and values of sustainable transportation.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
- Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Job may require limited travel.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta Bicycle Share’s Mission.
Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
For more information, please visit our websites at: www.altabicycleshare.com
Please, no phone calls
Indeed - 2 years ago
Alta Bicycle Share proudly operates two bike share programs in the the United States.
In 2010, we launched Capital Bikeshare, the nation's...