Course Hero is looking for a strong, hands on, Controller to take the company’s financial reporting and business planning to a new level. As the Controller you will have an opportunity redesign Course Hero’s financial infrastructure and processes, manage the company’s ongoing financial reporting and planning, and position our finance function to augment future growth in the business.
What you’ll do
- Manage Course Hero’s implementation of a new general ledger system.
- Maintain the company’s general ledger, post journal entries, and complete monthly closes in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare and review the company’s monthly financial statements.
- Analyze and reconcile monthly general ledger accounts to supporting documentation.
- Maintain cash records for the company and reconcile cash accounts with transaction information provided by credit card processors and bank records.
- Analyze and report on the company’s performance against the current budget and business plan.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the company’s financial projections.
- Oversee the integration of the company’s financial systems with proprietary back office systems.
- Develop financial metrics and other KPIs to assist management with understanding the financial and operational performance of the business.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls and processes to ensure effective control and reporting in accordance with company guidelines and US GAAP.
What we are looking for
- 3-5+ years of industry and/or public accounting experience focused on high growth environments.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business administration.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Operationally focused, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete projects in a fast-paced dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
- A team leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence across cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated financial aptitude and ability to grow with the company.
- Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary.
What we provide you
- Competitive salary and stock option packages
- Full Health Benefits
- Regularly planned team events and outings
- Free Friday lunches & endless snack supply
Indeed - 7 months ago
Palo Alto, CA
- 1 day ago
San Francisco, CA
- 5 days ago
- 4 days ago
Course Hero is the #1 online learning platform, providing students with the best materials and tools to study more effectively. With funding...