American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking a Credentialing Specialist at our Florida Office. The Credentialing Specialist is a detail oriented person who is responsible for all aspects of the credentialing process for employed physicians with our contracted managed care payors.
- Interacts with the Payer representatives, Multi Section Directors, Physicians, Office Coordinators, and the Medical Staff Office to ensure credentialing and participation is as timely as possible.
- Prep and mail documents with maintenance of licensure reports, send notification and follow up on all expiring licenses.
- Open requests for “new” and/or “additional” doctors, follow up on missing paperwork
- Other duties as requested by Manager
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent; associates degree a plus
- 1-3 years prior experience in a physician credentialing environment
- Optical experience a plus!
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.